Bought a house with a pool in November, and have been trying to educate myself! The previous owners left a tub of tri-chlor pucks (with an autofeeder), which I was using until I stumbled upon this site. I had Leslie's test my water in December (CYA 60), and again in February (CYA 80). I turned off the autofeeder last week when I realized how much my CYA was climbing every few months, and then promptly bought the TF-100 kit, which arrived on Friday. Here are my test results:
I have added Muriatic acid and bleach to treat those numbers. I decided I needed to shock, since I did see a beige haze when I was brushing down the pool last week.
Two days ago (6/27), I did a full set of tests:
My main question is, should I do a partial drain/refill to correct my CH and CYA, or wait out the summer evaporation/top-off? Or, are the numbers so critically high, that I shouldn't wait? From what I've been reading on this site, while lurking and waiting for my test kit (I think I probably already know the answer), the pool will be easier to take care of, and keep balanced if I just go ahead and drain/refill.
Thanks for your help and answers! I've learned a lot reading posts, and the tutorials.