new numbers....still cloudy.

okay here is my new numbers. I will say that I can see the bottom but my water is not clear by any stretch of the imagination. At this point should I just contunue to keep my chlorine level at shock level?

TC 14
FC 10
PH 7.6
TA 100
CH 250
CYA 80
I cant do the overnite test still only have cheap test kit. But I did do the one where I dillute the pool water. I have a reading of 14 when I do that.

I want a clear pool!!!!

With the OTO test it's really, really difficult to tell the difference between TC and FC especially when using dilution.

If your CYA is 80, your shock level is 31. Since you don't have an FAS-DPD test, you have to maintain shock level until your water is clear. If you had an FAS-DPD test, you can shock until the FC holds overnight and the CC is .5 or less. You simply can't confirm this with an OTO tester.

So you have to keep it up to shock level until it's clear. How did your CYA go from 45 (great level btw) to 80 (too high for an non swg pool....)?

my cya level was 45 when tested by the pool store. when I tested it it was 0. I put in four pounds of stabalizer and could retest because I ran out of testing supplies. So the number 80 is from the pool store. So I doubt it is accurate. I need to get more supplies because I don't really know what my shock level should be. where should I keep the level until I know a more accurate cya number?

4 lbs would put your CYA at 32 so I would keep it at between 12-16 until it clears or you get the better kit. :wink:
I be inclined to agree with you that the pool store readings are likely wrong.

Sorry for the questions and confusion- I've been busy most of the weekend and ready alot of posts - everything's a blur. You're prob tired of repeating yourself :)

I am not tired of repeating myself at all. You guys have been an incredible help. I have no doubt the pool store cya reading is wrong. I would have believed it until reading this site and educating myself. I will keep the pool at around 14 until I am clear. I cant wait to get the right test kit. It will be soon. I want to have control of my pool and not depend on inacurate pool store tests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.