Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installing a Booster Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Installing a Booster Pump

Can someone post a pic or link to how to install a booster pump in an existing pool?
    18x36 Buster Crab in ground, 3' shallow 8' deep, Hayward super pump, 300lb sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Installing a Booster Pump

It may be more work that it's worth. Do you have a suction/return line for the booster to use? You may be better off just getting a good suction cleaner or robot.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

I do have a pool heater that I plan to remove. It has piping with ball valves, I thought I could put it there??
    18x36 Buster Crab in ground, 3' shallow 8' deep, Hayward super pump, 300lb sand filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

You need a separate return line for the booster pump; installing it in place of a heater in an existing plumbing loop won't get you the effect that you need. At your equipment pad, do you have separate lines for your returns? If so, you can probably convert one of them to a cleaner line without too much difficulty. If not, it's almost certainly not worth it. Can you post a pic of your equipment area?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden