Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stuck on the pool water slide

1. Back To Top    #1

Stuck on the pool water slide

Hi,

I am a new pool owner having just bought a house with a pool. The pool has a concrete water slide the runs from the upper area where the spa is into the pool. The concrete slide has water running down it into the pool. The problem I am having is everyone who tries to slide on the thing gets stuck about half way down. Is there some way I can treat the concrete (it is very smooth) to make it more slippery. Would it help to wax the surface? Would that cause an issue with the pool?

Thanks,
    Andy
    10k gallon pebble-tec pool. Hayward DE3620 36 sq ft DE filter. 1hp pump. Goldline Aquarite SWCG with T15 cell. Aqua Cal heat pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stuck on the pool water slide

How much water is there comming down the slide? Maybe yuou could increase that amount.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

3. Back To Top    #3

I am really new to the pool ownership game so I am not sure how much water. It has its own dedicated 1 1/2 hp pump which seems to flow a lot of water over the slide. What sort of numbers should I be looking for?

Thanks,
    Andy
    10k gallon pebble-tec pool. Hayward DE3620 36 sq ft DE filter. 1hp pump. Goldline Aquarite SWCG with T15 cell. Aqua Cal heat pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

I would crank it wide open and see how good the sliding is and adjust from there. As far as a product to make it slick I'm not sure.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

5. Back To Top    #5

May need a mat or other device to slide on. Some investigation may find the pool builder's info and if they are still in business, they should be able to tell you the info you need.
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.