Very High Chlorine

foodog

Jun 11, 2010
Hello again everyone! I posted a week or so ago about my high CYA of 100. I am still getting used to the BBB method and all seems to be going well, except one issue. I got my CYA down to 70 on Friday. I used the pool calculator to determine how much bleach I needed to bring my 0ppm FC up. There were numerous swimmers in the pool the day before so I also figured I would want to shock. The CYA chart indicated I would need 7, 182oz bottles of bleach. I poured only 4 in thinking 7 was way too high. On Saturday morning I checked my FC with the TFT-100 kit and added 61 drops. If I have done my math correctly that would be 30.5ppm. The level is maintaining and does not seem to be coming down. Tested again on Sunday and this time I added 60 drops, still at 30 ppm of FC. First I could not maintain a normal FC level and now it is way, way high. Any ideas from the experts?

Thanks so much!

FD

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.