Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 8111 salt system

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 8111 salt system

Hi I just recently purchased a Intex #8111 salt system. It has the generator,pump and filter combo. I currenty have a jacuzzi 1000 1 hp pump and a 250lb sand filter. Can I run both systems together or do I have to take off the jacuzzi pump and sand filter. I have called Intex and got 3 different answers!

2. Back To Top    #2

Intex 8111 Salt system

Talked to a few people and of course got lots of different answers! Can I disconnect the pump on the Intex 8111 Krystal Klear salt system and just have it run thru my 1hp jacuzzi pump??

Topics merged for continuity.
    257WbyMag - Forum Moderator

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Intex 8111 salt system

Welcome to TFP!

I have never tried it, but it looks like you can disconnect the water line that feeds from the Intex filter to the SWG. If you can find the correct fittings, you should be able to run water through the SWG without also going through the Intex pump or filter. The other challenge is to adjust the wiring so that the Intex pump doesn't have to be running when the SWG is powered. I don't have any clues on how you can do that.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School