Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: removing metal sequesturant from fabric.

1. Back To Top    #1

removing metal sequesturant from fabric.

i was on my way home with some metal sequesturant and a palm sized spot leaked out onto my seat. i diddnt think nothing of it so i did my thing and came back to the car to clean it of but it already dried and hardened up on the seat. its a brand new car and im hoping there is a way to get it out. i havnt tried anything yet just seeing if anyone had any ideas?
    24' X 52" round above ground pool---13,500 gallons---Hayward power flow matrix 1.5 hp pump---Hayward 21 in. variflow XL sandfilter---Louisville, Ky

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: removing metal sequesturant from fabric.

Do you have a carpet extractor (cleaner)? I think that would be the best way to remove it. It may take several tries but the hot water should redissolve it and remove it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: removing metal sequesturant from fabric.

yes i do.... thats a great idea..... i will try the carpet cleaner and post what happens...

ive learned my lesson.. all pool chemicals go in the very back by the spare tire.. i guess it could have been worse...(u cant remove a bleach stain!!)
    24' X 52" round above ground pool---13,500 gallons---Hayward power flow matrix 1.5 hp pump---Hayward 21 in. variflow XL sandfilter---Louisville, Ky