Can an acrylic swimout be fixed???

Jul 13, 2007
I have a fort wayne 6' swimout lounge that has been installed about three years. I noticed a crack/delamination over the weekend and was wondering if this could be fixed? Two issues (at least!).....the swimout is blue but not solid so the color will be difficult to match unless there is a clear repair available. Second, the surface is textured since this area is used to step out of the pool. I mentioned this in a "leak" post but wanted to ask the repair question more directly. I apologize if this is double posting but thanks in advance for your help!

Fort Wayne warranty department asked for the same thing so I am off to get a disposable underwater camera but not sure how the pics will turn out. I have a great Nikon but I doubt it will take a good underwater pic. I'll post when I have something!

Re: Can an acrylic swimout be fixed??? (Added Pics)

Here are a few photos of the crack that I am talking about. What you can't see in these photos is the hump that this crack is in the middle of since these were taken out of the pool looking down on the lounger. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Lounger crack 1.jpg
    Lounger crack 1.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 56
  • lounger crack 3.jpg
    lounger crack 3.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 56
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.