Solar Cover usage?

Mar 24, 2010
Southern Indiana
Our weather has been very warm lately, so after the pool got comfortable we put away the solar cover, now the weather is going to be in the mid 80's and 60's at night. So do you think I need to drag it back out? Will it cool down that much? I hate a cold pool I'm an 84 to 90 type swimmer. I plan on watching the temp but I was just wondering how others handle temperature changes and just how fast it will drop. Thanks for any input.

If there is wind or cloudy days the water will cool faster. If you want to retain your current water temps and don't have solar panels then you will lose heat if the averages are less than the current. I have had my pool drop from 80 to 64 in 36 hrs with a solar cover on. Obviously you won't have such a precipitous drop if daytime temps stay in the 80s but a cold front and wind can really drop temps. I'm just sayin....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.