Possible hurricane on its way

Jun 14, 2010
South Texas
:shock:
Ok. I am a bit in panic mode here. We have a possible hurricane coming through in 2 or so days.
I would love any advice on what to expect from a 15' intex frame pool during the storm. Mine is not completely
level. It is about 1 1/2 off, but it was the best I could get. I am worried the frame will sink on the low side,and if
the pool itself will stand through the possible high winds.
Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

The only thing really do is either drain it and take it down or simply make sure it's full of water. A pool full of water will stand a lot of wind and rain. It sounds like you don't have a drainage issue so you should be good there.

I believe the structure itself full of water will sustain the winds. What you should be concerned about is other structures on your property that could cause damamge or catch the wind and blow debris into or at your pool. Any lawn charis or umbrellas should be brought indoors. I survived Hurricaine Katrina in 2005. I am a property insurance agent and most of my pool damage claims were directly related to debris and tree's falling onto pools.

Be sure you know where the water will go if it overflows or got hit by a tree and damaged. During Ike I was concerned about water getting out of the back yard under the gate so I set the mower to the lowest setting and scalped the lawn to make a low path for the water under the gate and onto the driveway.

Well, the pool made it through undamaged. Only problem now is about a million flying bugs on the bottom of the from yest. morning. Going to vaccume them out this evening weather permitting.
Should I shock it right away, or just normal maint? Wondering does dead bugs + rain water = crappy water QUICK?
Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.