AutoPilot Total Control System - Acid Pump

Jun 27, 2010
Hello-
I've been using the Total Control System for about 2 years and it has worked pretty well for me (I live in Phx). A couple days ago I made my normal rounds and noticed that the PH was high but the acid pump was not turning on like usual. I did some testing and the acid pump doesn't even turn on if I "Prime" it from the control menu. I've put an electrical tester on the Acid pump terminals in the controller panel to test if the issue is with the controller or the pump. Again, I tried to Prime the acid pump but this time I tested for an electrical current at the terminals in the controller but nothing. So that potentially eliminates the pump, PH sensor and communication cable. Any suggestions on what I should test next? Thanks for any help!

Double check that the TotalControl unit is programmed to expect an acid pump on the main relay. On the Installer menu goto Set Relay 1 and check that it is configured for Acid pump.

The acid pump should be wired to terminals #4 and #6. There should be AC line voltage on those terminals when you prime the acid pump.

If you have double checked that the relay is programmed correctly and there is not AC on #4 and #6, then there is a problem with the relay and you should call Auto Pilot and ask them about service options.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.