Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AutoPilot Total Control System - Acid Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

AutoPilot Total Control System - Acid Pump

Hello-
    I've been using the Total Control System for about 2 years and it has worked pretty well for me (I live in Phx). A couple days ago I made my normal rounds and noticed that the PH was high but the acid pump was not turning on like usual. I did some testing and the acid pump doesn't even turn on if I "Prime" it from the control menu. I've put an electrical tester on the Acid pump terminals in the controller panel to test if the issue is with the controller or the pump. Again, I tried to Prime the acid pump but this time I tested for an electrical current at the terminals in the controller but nothing. So that potentially eliminates the pump, PH sensor and communication cable. Any suggestions on what I should test next? Thanks for any help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AutoPilot Total Control System - Acid Pump

Sounds like a bad controller, have you tested it?
    coloeb,
    20k gal. IG fiberglass/plaster rectangle 32'x16'
    Hayward Superpump 3/4 H.P. primary Hayward model 5060 Booster Pump
    Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter
    Pentair Model 320 automatic Chlorine/bromine in-line feeder

3. Back To Top    #3

That sounds like a relay problem. Are you using the relay in the main unit to control the acid pump, or are you using the external add-on relay?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes. I am using the relay in the main controller.

5. Back To Top    #5

Double check that the TotalControl unit is programmed to expect an acid pump on the main relay. On the Installer menu goto Set Relay 1 and check that it is configured for Acid pump.

The acid pump should be wired to terminals #4 and #6. There should be AC line voltage on those terminals when you prime the acid pump.

If you have double checked that the relay is programmed correctly and there is not AC on #4 and #6, then there is a problem with the relay and you should call Auto Pilot and ask them about service options.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School