Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just another THANK YOU !!

1. Back To Top    #1

Just another THANK YOU !!

Second year on the BBB method and I can believe that people still use "pool store" chemicals. I can't tell you how much this forum has helped me......My pool is now Trouble Free !!!

Thanks all !!!

TRazzNJ
    22.000 Inground Vinyl-2 years old
    Hayward EC75 DE Filter
    1 1/2 Superpump
    CL200 Chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just another THANK YOU !!

Your specs look close to mine (and we are neighbors at that). I just converted and couldn't be happier. There is a local pool store (in Jackson and southern part of the county) who has tried to sell me on any number of high-priced items. I now will drive an extra 5 miles to pick up parts or accessories just to avoid these idiots. I have learned that "20 years in the business" may translate into "20 years of ignorance". My local hardware guy stocks 12.5% bleach at an equivalent cost about 10% below WalMart and he never tells me how to care for my pool so that's where my business goes.
    phil_d
    20,000 gal. vinyl liner pool
    Hayward Perflex EC-65 DE filter w/1.5 hp Hayward Super Pump
    Liquidator w/ 3/8" upgrade
    Aquabot Jr. pool cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

It warms my heart to see Garden Stater's having trouble free pools and participating on this site!

'Joisey" is where I grew up (if applicable ) and first started being a pool dude.

I hope you both continue to have trouble free pools!!!!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

"Joisey" is another state. We are both from Ocean County; you know, "Down the Shore." Keep enjoying your pool and keep contributing to the site so that people like us can enjoy our pools, too.
    phil_d
    Aquabot Jr. pool cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Fellow Ocean County pool owner here. My wife, in fact, hails from Jackson. Can anyone of you guys tip me off to a good borax source. I've been to a Walmart and Stop and Shop and neither had it on the shelves but had space allocated for it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    18'x24' (10,000 gal) above ground pool, 19" Proline sand filter (45 GPM), Jacuzzi 1.5 HP 2 speed pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Got mine at Stop N Shop, bottom shelf below the other laundry additives. They don't stock much, but it's there most days.
    phil_d
    Aquabot Jr. pool cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks. found mine at a pathmark though. Wiped their stock out too. Oh well,I'll do the conversion later in the week. Can't wait to see if it's what it's all cracked up to be.
    18'x24' (10,000 gal) above ground pool, 19" Proline sand filter (45 GPM), Jacuzzi 1.5 HP 2 speed pump