looking to upgrade pump and filter....but

Apr 25, 2010
south georgia
dont know which would be better. right now i have the 2000 gal/hr intex which came with my 16x48 ultra frame w/SWG. i am looking at the 4000 gal/hr pump or the .95 HP 2100 gal/hr intex sand filter/pump. any suggestions on which would be the best improvement! thanks

jsf0656 said:
thanks for the info. i see in your sig that you are using a different brand pump/filter. how did your intex hoses fit your new setup or did you need new ones?

It's funny you ask. :lol:

I simply just made it work for lack of any better words.

I used the intex B adapter on the return side to connect my 1.5 hose there and used the inner slip fit piece over the suction fitting on the pool from the 1.25" hose to connect the 1.5" intex hose to the backwash fitting on the pump.

The pump has too much suction to use the intex B adapter on the suction side, which made the hose collapse.

Oh yeah, I used hose clamps at every connection point except the plunger valve at the return.

Believe me, if you find a better pump and filter setup you will definitely find a way to make it work as I have.

I'm almost embarrassed :oops: to post pics of the setup :mrgreen:

hey, if it works, GREAT! i may go the sand filter route. i want to be able to hook up an above ground pool cleaner and my 2000gal/hr doesnt have the suction. nor is it keeping the pool as clean as i would like. the waterway gets good reviews on amazon!

jsf0656 said:
great, thanks for the info. so you did not have to hard plumb your connections to the pool and just used your flex hoses?

I only used my intex flex hoses, asking for trouble I know.

I've been meaning to find the time to rig it up better with pvc, but am having a hard time putting the parts list together.

It's also difficult to find the time to do the job as well.

I updated my post with a link above in case you wan to check it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.