I'm running my aqua rite swg 8 hr a day and?

bats

Jan 7, 2010
I'm running my aqua rite swg 8 hr a day.I'm generating clorine at 60% and i'm not hiting my target fc.Is it ok to run the aqua rite at 80% to 90% of the time for only 8 hr per day,or a'm i over doing it.

Should i be generating less percentage clorine and running my pump longer.?

Thanks

If you need more chlorine, then you turn up the percentage. If you have too much chlorine then you turn down the percentage.

There might be something else going wrong, if you posted a full set of water test results we could tell you that, but 95% of the time it is as simple as adjusting the percentage setting to the correct level.

JasonLion said:
If you need more chlorine, then you turn up the percentage. If you have too much chlorine then you turn down the percentage.

There might be something else going wrong, if you posted a full set of water test results we could tell you that, but 95% of the time it is as simple as adjusting the percentage setting to the correct level.

Thanks i'll start by turning it up to 90% for 8 hours per day.

Here are my water test from the pool store.
fc 2.5 (they didn't give me a cc reading and i think this is were my problem is)before putting in cya i was at a target fc of 1.5 but my water was always beutifull and crystal clear.
ph 7.6
alcalinity 80
calcium 200
cya 25 (i know i should be at 70 except i'm going to try to bring up my fc first)I've already put in 2 kilos of cya two weeks ago.

I'm ordering a new test kit this week.

My water this week for the first time was a little cloudy.I also can see a little film of green forming on the the bottom of the water.I only started having this problem after trying to bring up my cya witch was at 0. The 25 cya is making my fc less effetive then it use to be and causing me to most probably have a cc of 1 or more.Is it really worth aiming for a cya target of 70.I feel like this is starting to cause me problems with my water.The cya costs me money,and it's causing me to have to run my swg at a higher percentage witch is puting more ware on it.It seems to be counter productive.

The pool store told me that my cloudy water was due to my alcalinity beeing to low(he said to bring it up to 100 by adding 1 kilo of alcalinity +)and he also didn't like seeing my cya at 25 and said i should be carefull not to let it go up.He prefers 0 cya.
I've been reading alot around here now and i know that this information is wrong because i'm at my target for alcalinity)

What shoud i do next?

Thanks

bats said:
JasonLion said:

Thanks i'll start by turning it up to 90% for 8 hours per day.

Here are my water test from the pool store.
fc 2.5 (they didn't give me a cc reading and i think this is were my problem is)before putting in cya i was at a target fc of 1.5 but my water was always beutifull and crystal clear.
ph 7.6
alcalinity 80
calcium 200
cya 25 (i know i should be at 70 except i'm going to try to bring up my fc first)I've already put in 2 kilos of cya two weeks ago.

I'm ordering a new test kit this week.

My water this week for the first time was a little cloudy.I also can see a little film of green forming on the the bottom of the water.I only started having this problem after trying to bring up my cya witch was at 0. The 25 cya is making my fc less effetive then it use to be and causing me to most probably have a cc of 1 or more.Is it really worth aiming for a cya target of 70.I feel like this is starting to cause me problems with my water.The cya costs me money,and it's causing me to have to run my swg at a higher percentage witch is puting more ware on it.It seems to be counter productive.

The pool store told me that my cloudy water was due to my alcalinity beeing to low(he said to bring it up to 100 by adding 1 kilo of alcalinity +)and he also didn't like seeing my cya at 25 and said i should be carefull not to let it go up.He prefers 0 cya.
I've been reading alot around here now and i know that this information is wrong because i'm at my target for alcalinity)

What shoud i do next?

Thanks

What should i do next?

Your CYA is low for a SWG pool. Basically, the sun is consuming your chlorine faster than the SWG can make it set at 60%. Adjust your CYA to 70 and target an FC of 5ppm. When you get the test kit, measure CC's and perform an overnight FC loss test. You may be on the verge of an alage outbreak...but hard to tell with the results posted. CC reading and overnight test will confirm if there is anything else going on :goodjob:

TA at 80 is fine and you should not adjust higher for now, especially with a SWG

dmanb2b said:
Your CYA is low for a SWG pool. Basically, the sun is consuming your chlorine faster than the SWG can make it set at 60%. Adjust your CYA to 70 and target an FC of 5ppm. When you get the test kit, measure CC's and perform an overnight FC loss test. You may be on the verge of an alage outbreak...but hard to tell with the results posted. CC reading and overnight test will confirm if there is anything else going on :goodjob:

TA at 80 is fine and you should not adjust higher for now, especially with a SWG

Thanks that's what i'm going to do.I should get my new test kit by the end of the week.

I'll post my results then.

Thanks

Just to reiterate and confirm...

My PB dumped in salt and CYA and set the SWG at 40%. Then the pool maintenance service (same company different division) came by and cleaned out the filter (so much of the CYA the builder dumped in the skimmer was trashed). They turned the SWG up to 60% since the FC was low.

I got the team together, put the rest of the CYA in to hit 70, now a week later the SWG is running at 25% and doing just fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.