Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AA treatment

1. Back To Top    #1

AA treatment

just finished AA treatment for metal stains on fiberglass. treatment worked great. i added the AA
    yesterday followed by sequestrant. it has been 24 hours , so i just checked TA and ph. ph was at 7.2, so i will
    leave that where it is. TA was 70, so i added baking soda per calculator to raise to 80. of course chlorine was at 0. My question is at what rate should i bring chlorine back up as the procedure says to bring it up slowly?
    24,000 gallon ig fiberglass pool
    1 hp hayward pump
    hayward sand filter (250 lb)
    madisonville, ky

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AA treatment

At first you want to add 1 or maybe 2 ppm of chlorine at a time, pouring much more slowly than usual. At first all of the chlorine will vanish in under an hour. During this initial phase, you can add more chlorine as often as once an hour, but don't bring the FC level above 2 at any point.

Once you are able to maintain 1 or 2 ppm of chlorine for more than an hour, you want to increase the FC level slowly, by 1 or 2 additional ppm each day, until you get up to your usual FC level.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks jason
    1 hp hayward pump
    madisonville, ky

4. Back To Top    #4

also, i've added a total of about 20 ounces of algacide during this process. is that enough to keep algae at bay til
    i get chlorine back up or do i need to add more?
    1 hp hayward pump
    madisonville, ky

5. Back To Top    #5

In this situation it is better to have too much algaecide rather than too little.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School