Filter basket not filling with water

Jun 11, 2010
Hello all,
For the past couple days when my system shuts off the pump filter basket water level goes down, almost empties. Then, when the system turns on, there is a lot of air sucked through until water finally begins to fill the basket. This results in air bubbles coming from the jets into the pool. I checked the o-ring it is intact, not really any lubricant left on it though. Not sure what the problem could be but I know that air in the system is not good. Also when I clean the basket and try to refill with water it will never fill up. Please help!
Thanks

The reason you can not fill the pump is gravity. Its going to drain back to the pool as fast as you put it in, unless you close a valve on the suction side of the pump. I suspect your pump is just showing some wear. eventually the wear ring will need to be changed or the pump replaced. As long as the pump picks up prime in under say 2 min. you are ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.