Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A FEW MORE PICTURES OF MY POOL AFTER FINDING TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

A FEW MORE PICTURES OF MY POOL AFTER FINDING TFP

Good Morning all...here are a few pictures from yesterday. The kids are having a blast in my now CLEAN pool! Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    30' Round Vinyl AG, 21,200 K GAL. with Main drain, Hayward 1.5 HP Pump, Sand filter, BBB Method & TF~100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A FEW MORE PICTURES OF MY POOL AFTER FINDING TFP

Just as I suspected! You have one of the worst case of sparklies I have ever seen
    coloeb,
    20k gal. IG fiberglass/plaster rectangle 32'x16'
    Hayward Superpump 3/4 H.P. primary Hayward model 5060 Booster Pump
    Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter
    Pentair Model 320 automatic Chlorine/bromine in-line feeder

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes I do! Isn't it just awesome! I am loving the TF-100 Test Kit! The best investment I have ever made! I really appreciate all the help I have received from all of you here on TFP! I can't say it enough!
    30' Round Vinyl AG, 21,200 K GAL. with Main drain, Hayward 1.5 HP Pump, Sand filter, BBB Method & TF~100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Any more than TWO pics like that..................and well............you're just showin' off!. Enjoy.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

I wonder if it wouldn't look better if you went to the pool store and bought a few hundred dollars worth of phosphate remover, clarifier, and all-purpose snake oil?

Just kidding!

Looks great!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    I wonder if it wouldn't look better if you went to the pool store and bought a few hundred dollars worth of phosphate remover, clarifier, and all-purpose snake oil?

Just kidding!

Looks great!
    Ha! You know the guy that tested my water at the pool store when I first opened it and found out my CYA level was at 184 called me and tried to sell me phospahte remover and told me it would cost me $40 a bottle!!! I said no thanks! That was after I found TFP...I am so blessed! No more pool stores for me...no more trichlor and no more dichlor! Give me some BBB!!!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    Any more than TWO pics like that..................and well............you're just showin' off!. Enjoy.
    HEHE! Just grateful that I have something to show off instead of the huge number of tadpoles I had to begin with! LOL! I like frogs....but sorry...I don't like them that much!

8. Back To Top    #8

Okay...maybe I'm showing off a little bit. But I am just amazed at how well BBB works.Here are a few pics I took this morning! Just loving my pool! The bottom 2 pictures are with the pump turned off.

9. Back To Top    #9

You aren't showing off...you are providing evidence that the process works.
    Nice work!
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump
    http://www.poolservicestech.com Liquidator
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    http://www.tftestkits.net TFT100 test kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Gorgeous!!!
    18x36 IG Vinyl, 8.5 deep, 28K, Hayward C4025 SwimClear Filter, Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump 1HP

11. Back To Top    #11

Beautiful.
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

12. Back To Top    #12

That looks great!

13. Back To Top    #13

Sparklypoolitis strikes again!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    Sparklypoolitis strikes again!

Meetings every weekend by the pool.

Hello my name is George and I have Sparklypoolitis.
    24'x4' AGP Round
    S166T Hayward Sand Filter
    S48K2A2 Hayward Pump

15. Back To Top    #15

The only thing more rewarding than seeing it in pictures is when people are at your place and they notice the difference.

Hello, my name is Chris and I have sparklypoolitis, but I don't really want to get rid of it...
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump
    http://www.poolservicestech.com Liquidator
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    http://www.tftestkits.net TFT100 test kit

16. Back To Top    #16

Well I definitely have "Sparklypoolitis" And I am never getting rid of it! LOL! For all of you sceptics out there about the BBB method...I have used Trichlor & Dichlor for 10 years. Just switched to the BBB method and the TF100 test kit and my pool has NEVER looked this good! I swear when you are looking at it in person while the pump is not running it appears to have no water in it it is soooo clear! I am very HAPPY!

17. Back To Top    #17

Been keeping my pool at a steady 9 ppm FC but I think I am going to bump it up some...maybe to 11 ppm with my cya level at 80. I don't know if it's just me but it just doesn't look as sparkly. I have been shutting pump down at night but still running approx. 13 hours per day. I also aimed the eyeball down a little and I think this may have made a difference in my waters appearance. What do you think. Should I aim it toward the bottom of the pool or closer to the top?

18. Back To Top    #18

11??

I think that is too high. You should be in the 3 -7 range for Chlorine. Your CYA is also high unless you are running an SWG. CYA should be down around 30 - 50.

What are your other test results?

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

19. Back To Top    #19

Yes...I have to keep my chlorine between 6 and 11 because of my CYA being so high. When I opened my CYA was at 184 and I had to drain half the water. I still need to drain more water to get it down...about 38%more but I use well water and my pump is ancient. So I am running a higher FC level for that reason. All of my other test results are perfect. I am testing with TF-100.

20. Back To Top    #20

I would say that if you think your water is looking less sparkly, trust your eyes. This may just be my experience, but when I recently bought the magnetic stirrer thing, it had my FC at a full ppm less than I was getting when manually swirling on the FC test. I had always run my FC on the high side, and am grateful I had if in fact I thought it was 1 ppm higher than it really was. Couple that with the fairly wide margin of error on the CYA test and I'd say running a little high would cause no harm and potentially ward off problems. Of course, this is just my two cents and you should let the experts (I'm not) weigh in.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast