Good Morning Gang, Yesterday I drained about 3/4 of my pool and refilled it all last night and this morning. As of today I'm puck-free! Here were my numbers before the drain:
My test kit is a Taylor K-2005 (got it with the house, in good condition)
Free Chlorine - Too high to test. Water was dark pink, almost double the shade of the 5ppm comparator block.
CYA - Too high to test. Filling the small tube until the black dot was no longer visible left the water level about half way up to the 100ppm mark on the back of the tube.
Calcium Hardness - Too high to test. At adding R-0012 until the water turned blue, I stopped at 100 drops, which was about half my bottle.
TA - 120ppm
Ph - 7.6-7.8
After the drain and refill:
FC - about 7. A bit darker than the max level of 5 (at least I can measure it now).
TC - 5
CC - from -1 to -3
CYA - 70
Calcium Hardness - 320
Ph - 7.3
TA - 120
At least my numbers are in the ballpark now. But here's my question: Why is my FC still so high. My tap water is about 1-2. I shocked the pool on Thursday before the drain/refill, but since I couldn't measure FC I have no idea what level I shocked it to (put about a gallon of 10% chlorine in).
Is it possible there was some residual chlorine in the walls or filter that would cause my FC to still be high?
I should add that the change in Ph is due to the fact that during draining I used about a quart of muriatic acid to clean calcium off the border blocks.
Thanks for everything. Lifetime Supporter today!