Which gets installed first?

Jun 22, 2010
1st time posting.

I have a 21' round, Johnny Weismuller above ground pool. I'm going to install a new beaded liner and want to do it right this time. This time I plan on putting in a Gorilla bottom pad and some wall foam. I have a stone dust bottom and bought an oversized floor pad so I could overlap it with the wall foam, and limit the liners contact with the stone dust. The stone dust also provides my angled transition to the pool wall, no cove.

These are my questions / problems

1)Should do I remove the stone dust to install the wall foam? I planned on leaving it, but if it's better to cover the whole wall, I might consider moving it. Lots O work :x

2) should I run the floor pad up the wall a certain distance and overlap it with the foam? or should the foam be first, with the floor pad coming up the wall? and how much should I overlap it?

3) Is there a minimum temperature to install a liner? Someone said 80 degrees.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I'm not sure it matters but I would install the bottom and then the wall foam. I wouldn't lap the bottom very far up the wall. You'll need to do some creative notching to keep the bottom and foam from folding if you try and cover the cove with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.