Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kind of stupid question

1. Back To Top    #1

Kind of stupid question

How do you guys keep the fresh cut grass out of your pools?
    IG Liner
    15000 Gallons

2. Back To Top    #2
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

New Brunswick Canada
    I have a bagger on my mower, works like a small vacuum cleaner, rarely get any grass clippings at all.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    I have a hose by the deck gate to rinse feet before going in. The pool is an above ground so we don't get grass clippings blowing in.
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Indiana
    Tracked in or blown in by the mower?

Tracking-wise, we have a deck from the house to the pool. Mower-wise, I turn the main drain off before mowing to maximize skimmer flow, then aim the deck opening away from the pool. Still usually get something in there when it's dry and the stuff blows around.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

Richmond, Va
    Above ground here - we use a blower to move all grass clippings away from pool area.
    18 ft.52" Round Atrium AG -7600 gallons, Sand Filter, Vinyl liner, Royal Entrance Steps, 80 lbs.solarsalt

6. Back To Top    #6
    Detroit Burbs
    I also have AG, but I use to work for a lawn mowing company, we would purposely mow in a direction that the discharge was always pointing away from the pool to minimize the debre, then blow the deck from coping edge to grass yard.
    2007 - 24' AG Doughboy Desert Spring dished 1.5', with DB Power Pak II-1hp pump, DB Sequel I Plus DE, Hayward H-Series Heater 100k + 8gal LQ.