On Friday I moved into my new home that has a pool. I called the guy who opened the pool and said "what do I do now?" He told me to shock it with the chemicals that he left with the previous owners and he'd come by on Monday to show me how to care for the pool. So, I poured in two gallons of Baquacil that was sitting in the garage-- the only shock/sanitizer that I saw.
Today he came by-- very nice guy-- and was surprised that I poured in Baquacil because he opened the pool with chlorine and that's what the previous owner was using. Unfortunately, the previous owner had three cases of Baquacil in the garage and I never saw the container of chlorine tablets tucked away in a cabinet. So, it's my fault that I used the wrong stuff. But I was surprised that he told me that now I can never go back to chlorine. I've read enough postings to know that I can do the conversion. But my real question is: since it's been chlorinated for months (until my bonehead maneuver), and since I only added two measly gallons, am I really destined to using only Baquacil from now on?
My pool is roughly 12x30 and 5' deep.