Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG code 90 "low flow"

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG code 90 "low flow"

Hi I'm new to these boards

I have a Intex SWG model 8110/8111 that I bought summer 2008. I just increased the size of my pool to 18' diameter that holds appx 8,000 gallons. I keep getting code 90 "low flow" but I have lost my manual and I checked everything the DVD recommends (check that the water "plungers" aren't closed and the hose connections are tight) but I am still getting the same message

If anyone knows how I can fix this or has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. My pool is starting to get algae and the temps are getting to high 90's so it will only get worse if I can't fix this soon.

40x22, 25,000 gallons; vinyl; DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG code 90 "low flow"

Might not help but try turning the unit off at the breaker for 2 min. then turning it back on. Maybe it will reset itself and clear the code. your owners manual is linked below.

First 3 or 4 pages are hard to read but the rest is ok.
    20k gal. IG fiberglass/plaster rectangle 32'x16'
    Hayward Superpump 3/4 H.P. primary Hayward model 5060 Booster Pump
    Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter
    Pentair Model 320 automatic Chlorine/bromine in-line feeder

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Try cleaning the skimmer basket, filter, and pump strainer baskets.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Logan IA

some of the older models had a screen on the input side that gets clogged at times. you have take off the coupling before the flow switch to get to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.