Kreepy Krauler? Kreepy Kruiser?

Jun 25, 2010
Upstate New York
I am looking to purchase my first cleaner, and a friend mentioned how much she loves her Kreepy Krauly. When I went to do some research, the Kreepy Kruiser kept popping up, but I couldn't find any comparison anywhere. Then, I started reading the posts here, and it seems very few people are talking about either. I am concerned now that they wouldn't be the best fit for my pool.

Thoughts or advice? I'll take any and all! Thanks in advance!

I have the polais raptor which I believe cleans on the same principals as the Kreepy Krauler. I am less than satisfied with the polaris raptor. I listened to the pool supply salesman and did not do my due diligence. Look at the forums here on pool cleaners for some advice. It seems to me that someone suggested The Pool Cleaner and after I researched it it seem like it might be a good one. The way your pool is set up will determine which cleaner will work best for you. I am referring to whether you have a dedicated suction line or are you using the skimmer? Some cleaners may require a dedicated suction line?

I just bought a Kreepy krauly last year.
It works from the skimmer.
Love it so far. Keeps my pool nice and clean.

I bought this one becuase the pool cleaners that work on the return lines were out of my price range.

The only thing i would recommend to make hookup much easier is their Vac Plus II plate.
Using this allows all the debris being picked up to collect in your skimmer basket. Without it, it gets sucked to your basket catch where your filter is which can require you to shut off your pump to clean it out every once in awhile.

A Kreepy Krauly came with my pool when I bought my house last month. It works great. There is one spot that it occasionally gets stuck on the steps in the shallow end, but There are remedies such as moving the hose weights and such. I saw a like new one on craigslist for $75, should have bought it as a spare!

cfroehl1 said:
I would like to give it a shot, but I'm worried my pool is too big for it and it won't do a good job. The person I know who owns one says hers is in the pool all the time, but I have little kids in mine a lot and that makes me uncomfortable...

I only run mine about once a week, usually just brush the debris, very little most times, on bottom of the pool to the main drain during the week. I don't run it when the kids are in. It doesnt take long to put in the pool, fill the hose with water from a return line, and hook it to the skimmer!

You may need to get some extra hose for a larger pool, but it should clean just as well as it would in a smaller pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
[/quote]I only run mine about once a week, usually just brush the debris, very little most times, on bottom of the pool to the main drain during the week. I don't run it when the kids are in. It doesnt take long to put in the pool, fill the hose with water from a return line, and hook it to the skimmer!

You may need to get some extra hose for a larger pool, but it should clean just as well as it would in a smaller pool.[/quote]

Good to know. The Kreepy Kruiser was half the price of the Krauly, and no one seems to know much about it, so I may have to convince my husband on the Kruiser, but I think it will be a real help for us. Not that we don't have other, more pressing pool issues that we are working on right now :lol:

The Kreepy Kruiser is GREAT as it does not have a diaphragm that goes out like other models. :-D

I have a huge, older pool (over 30 K gallons) and it works great. I have a leaf catcher attached to the hose before it returns to the skimmer and it catches all the leaves and various debri keeping it from the pool pump. I have had to replace the basket for the leaf catcher because the Kreepy Kruiser sucks everything up so thoroughly! On occasion, a rock or palm tree seed may get stuck in the Kreepy Kruiser intake but it is easy to poke out.

In the past I have used a Kreepy Krawley, Barracuda, and Polaris and they all gave out after a couple of summers. I have lots of kids swimming every day. The Kreepy Kruiser appears to be very sturdy and gets the job done!

Hope this helps!
:cheers:

Meredith said:
The Kreepy Kruiser is GREAT as it does not have a diaphragm that goes out like other models. :-D

I have a huge, older pool (over 30 K gallons) and it works great. I have a leaf catcher attached to the hose before it returns to the skimmer and it catches all the leaves and various debri keeping it from the pool pump. I have had to replace the basket for the leaf catcher because the Kreepy Kruiser sucks everything up so thoroughly! On occasion, a rock or palm tree seed may get stuck in the Kreepy Kruiser intake but it is easy to poke out.

In the past I have used a Kreepy Krawley, Barracuda, and Polaris and they all gave out after a couple of summers. I have lots of kids swimming every day. The Kreepy Kruiser appears to be very sturdy and gets the job done!

Hope this helps!
:cheers:
Yey!!! No one else even mentioned the Kruiser so I figured I shouldn't bother with it! It's like half the price of the Kreepy Krauly too! Oh so excited!!! Thanks :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.