Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kreepy Krauler? Kreepy Kruiser?

1. Back To Top    #1

Kreepy Krauler? Kreepy Kruiser?

I am looking to purchase my first cleaner, and a friend mentioned how much she loves her Kreepy Krauly. When I went to do some research, the Kreepy Kruiser kept popping up, but I couldn't find any comparison anywhere. Then, I started reading the posts here, and it seems very few people are talking about either. I am concerned now that they wouldn't be the best fit for my pool.

Thoughts or advice? I'll take any and all! Thanks in advance!
    Christina
    40x22, 25,000 gallons; vinyl; DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Kreepy Krauler? Kreepy Kruiser?

11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the polais raptor which I believe cleans on the same principals as the Kreepy Krauler. I am less than satisfied with the polaris raptor. I listened to the pool supply salesman and did not do my due diligence. Look at the forums here on pool cleaners for some advice. It seems to me that someone suggested The Pool Cleaner and after I researched it it seem like it might be a good one. The way your pool is set up will determine which cleaner will work best for you. I am referring to whether you have a dedicated suction line or are you using the skimmer? Some cleaners may require a dedicated suction line?
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

4. Back To Top    #4

I just bought a Kreepy krauly last year.
    It works from the skimmer.
    Love it so far. Keeps my pool nice and clean.

I bought this one becuase the pool cleaners that work on the return lines were out of my price range.

The only thing i would recommend to make hookup much easier is their Vac Plus II plate.
    Using this allows all the debris being picked up to collect in your skimmer basket. Without it, it gets sucked to your basket catch where your filter is which can require you to shut off your pump to clean it out every once in awhile.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    I'm sorry--I don't understand
    Christina

6. Back To Top    #6

That's just to move it to the top of people's "unread posts" lists That way, hopefully more people would notice than if your thread were buried somewhere down the list.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

7. Back To Top    #7

Lol--thanks!!!
    Christina

8. Back To Top    #8

A Kreepy Krauly came with my pool when I bought my house last month. It works great. There is one spot that it occasionally gets stuck on the steps in the shallow end, but There are remedies such as moving the hose weights and such. I saw a like new one on craigslist for $75, should have bought it as a spare!
    17,500 gallon 18x36 gunite pool
    Hayward super II 1.5 hp pump, Hayward cartridge filter
    Jandy AquaPure Ei SWG 35K, Raypak R6350TI-E HeatPump
    Solar cover, Loop Lok winter Cover
    Artisian Antigua hot tub, Polk Atrium 4's

9. Back To Top    #9

I would like to give it a shot, but I'm worried my pool is too big for it and it won't do a good job. The person I know who owns one says hers is in the pool all the time, but I have little kids in mine a lot and that makes me uncomfortable...
    Christina

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by cfroehl1
    I would like to give it a shot, but I'm worried my pool is too big for it and it won't do a good job. The person I know who owns one says hers is in the pool all the time, but I have little kids in mine a lot and that makes me uncomfortable...
    I only run mine about once a week, usually just brush the debris, very little most times, on bottom of the pool to the main drain during the week. I don't run it when the kids are in. It doesnt take long to put in the pool, fill the hose with water from a return line, and hook it to the skimmer!

You may need to get some extra hose for a larger pool, but it should clean just as well as it would in a smaller pool.
    17,500 gallon 18x36 gunite pool
    Hayward super II 1.5 hp pump, Hayward cartridge filter
    Jandy AquaPure Ei SWG 35K, Raypak R6350TI-E HeatPump
    Solar cover, Loop Lok winter Cover
    Artisian Antigua hot tub, Polk Atrium 4's

11. Back To Top    #11

[/quote]I only run mine about once a week, usually just brush the debris, very little most times, on bottom of the pool to the main drain during the week. I don't run it when the kids are in. It doesnt take long to put in the pool, fill the hose with water from a return line, and hook it to the skimmer!

You may need to get some extra hose for a larger pool, but it should clean just as well as it would in a smaller pool.[/quote]

Good to know. The Kreepy Kruiser was half the price of the Krauly, and no one seems to know much about it, so I may have to convince my husband on the Kruiser, but I think it will be a real help for us. Not that we don't have other, more pressing pool issues that we are working on right now
    Christina

12. Back To Top    #12

The Kreepy Kruiser is GREAT as it does not have a diaphragm that goes out like other models.

I have a huge, older pool (over 30 K gallons) and it works great. I have a leaf catcher attached to the hose before it returns to the skimmer and it catches all the leaves and various debri keeping it from the pool pump. I have had to replace the basket for the leaf catcher because the Kreepy Kruiser sucks everything up so thoroughly! On occasion, a rock or palm tree seed may get stuck in the Kreepy Kruiser intake but it is easy to poke out.

In the past I have used a Kreepy Krawley, Barracuda, and Polaris and they all gave out after a couple of summers. I have lots of kids swimming every day. The Kreepy Kruiser appears to be very sturdy and gets the job done!

Hope this helps!
    23'x37' free form 20,500 gal IG pool (vinyl); Raypak RHP-115 heatpump; Hayward Super-II 1.5 HP Pump, estimated 45gpm flow rate; Dual AquaGenie Skimmers; Hayward ProGrid 36 sq ft DE Filter; Polaris 280 w/booster; Former Baquacil user; Fluent in: Fox Trot, Tango, Waltz, Viennese Waltz, Cha Cha Cha, Rumba, Swing, Samba, Bolero, Hustle, Salsa and Mambo.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith
    The Kreepy Kruiser is GREAT as it does not have a diaphragm that goes out like other models.

I have a huge, older pool (over 30 K gallons) and it works great. I have a leaf catcher attached to the hose before it returns to the skimmer and it catches all the leaves and various debri keeping it from the pool pump. I have had to replace the basket for the leaf catcher because the Kreepy Kruiser sucks everything up so thoroughly! On occasion, a rock or palm tree seed may get stuck in the Kreepy Kruiser intake but it is easy to poke out.

In the past I have used a Kreepy Krawley, Barracuda, and Polaris and they all gave out after a couple of summers. I have lots of kids swimming every day. The Kreepy Kruiser appears to be very sturdy and gets the job done!

Hope this helps!
    Yey!!! No one else even mentioned the Kruiser so I figured I shouldn't bother with it! It's like half the price of the Kreepy Krauly too! Oh so excited!!! Thanks
    Christina

14. Back To Top    #14

Ok, so DH was wondering if the Kruiser will do steps and walls. I'm not sure the walls are so important because we have vinyl, but stairs and ladders are...
    Christina