Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Want a good laugh

1. Back To Top    #1

Want a good laugh

My pool is less than a year and still in warranty, but getting the PB - Indian River Pools in Vero Beach, FL to make repairs takes months.

Here is the bleed through I started with:

[attachment=2:3qnxka1g]rust bleed through after brushing.jpg[/attachment:3qnxka1g]

And here, after several months of delay, is their two day old fix:

[attachment=1:3qnxka1g]Indian River Pools fix try #1.jpg[/attachment:3qnxka1g]

When I told them I wanted the patch to match the original plaster AND they needed to figure out what is bleeding through (supposedly just the rebar tie, not the rebar itself), this is what I got.

[attachment=0:3qnxka1g]IRP fix try #2.jpg[/attachment:3qnxka1g]

I have to laugh because it looks like something my 7 year old would do. Its just so pathetic. Per a letter I sent, the PB has until Wednesday to fix this and my other problems correctly or I'm hiring a competent pool builder to fix it and sending him the bill. I'll probably end up in small claims court, but I'm looking at it as an adventure and not the pain in the rear it really is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25' x 13' Roman, 12000 gal IGP, Plaster, with 500 gal Spa
    SWG, 1 HP Max Flo Pump, C-900 cartridge filter
    Solar heat

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Want a good laugh

I got some crayolas and spray paint! That's pretty sad, sorry you're having to go thru this mess. I'd be in small claims myself-------the principal is still worth something to me.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

lborne, I am so sorry to see your challenges. Our pool is 11 mths , coming up on the end of the 1yr warranty so I will be looking for things that need to be addressed.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

See if your local TV station has a program that take on disputes like this and broadcasts the whole dealings. I believe this is cheaper than small claims, and brings the shady business to the publics attention, which i think is more damaging to the builder. It's a good way to get the builder to act if their name is out there as a bad business.

Just a thought.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

5. Back To Top    #5

It looks like if they spent just a little more time with their last fix, it would not look too bad. But, I agree, they also have to fix the source of the bleed through...
    20'x40' / 30,000 Gal / In Ground / Vinyl
    Pentair FNS 48 DE Filter / Pentair Challenger 1.5 HP Pump
    Jandy Lite2 400k BTU Propane Heater / Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TF-100 Test Kit / BBB
    Creator of SimplePool (BBB Friendly Android App) http://www.simplepool.net

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, the problem is that the Pool Builder does not want to actually pay to have this fixed, so he is either doing it himself, or he had someone else come and do it for cheap.

I'd sent him a registerted letter over a month ago giving him until the end of June to fix this and the other problems. He finally emailed me back today to say it would be fixed next week.

Too little, too late. I told him no one was authorized to enter my property and that I've taken over control and supervision of getting the problems repaired correctly, which means getting to the root cause and encapsulating the metal. Told him I'd send him the bill. I've already gotten a couple competent pool builders to come out to look for quotes and they are shocked at the poor quality of the repair.
    25' x 13' Roman, 12000 gal IGP, Plaster, with 500 gal Spa
    SWG, 1 HP Max Flo Pump, C-900 cartridge filter
    Solar heat

7. Back To Top    #7

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade