New pool owner, living by the MN/WI border, and have spent the last few weeks shocking with liquid chlorine, adding algaecide, skimming for leave's and debris, vacuuming, and finally have the water looking clear. The pool guy that has been helping me has kinda left me hanging now for a couple weeks , and I need to know what I need to do next.
I added 5 gallons of liquid chlorine and a 32 fl. oz. of algaecide just over a week ago. Just got the water tested today at a different pool company, who actually answers the phone , and these are the results.
Total Chlorine = 0.0
Free Chlorine = 0.0
pH = 7.6
Total alkalinity = 70
Calcium Hardness = 225
Stabilizer = 0
Iron = 0
Chlorine Shock = 0
They sold me $220 worth of ProTeam Multi Magic Shock (25lbs, $140), ProTeam UV Shield - enhancer(8lbs, $50), ProTeam Alkalinity Up - Balancer(10lbs, $17.50), and I also got a new Polaris debris bag for another $50 cuz the old one has holes.
That leads to me to another question about the Polaris (i believe its the 180), its been neglected and left outside for a year or two, but just tested the thing out and it appears to be working, minus the bag w/holes. I noticed though at the connection to the inlet fitting, air seems to be bubbling out constantly. Is that normal? Also the snake hose is missing the foam at the end, is that necessary?
I haven't done anything yet, especially after reading some of the info on this site. Maybe I don't need all this stuff. Any advice would be much appreciated. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm hoping to get this pool "swimmable" asap, party coming up soon!