Vacuuming

Jun 22, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hello, i really need help with this.

Last Thursday the land lord bught a hayward pool vac which goes all around the pool cleaning by itself and told me to vacuum the pool with that.

I read the manual and watched the dvd intallation guide and i understood everything. The only problem i have is that you need to plug a flow gauge in order to test for the recommended suction. If the suction is too high you need to slightly open the main drai untill it falls to the recommended suction and if its too low you need to plug a regulator valve into the skimmer cone which connects to the hoses.

After that i turned the regulator valve into max the flow gauge still shows that the succion is too low. I also checked that the main drain is compleately shut off so only the skimmers are working.

Does anyone has any idea what should i do? please let me know if you know how to fix this, thank you

You need to reduce the flow rate, or possibly turn off completely, the skimmer that you aren't using for the cleaner and the main drain. Some pools have valves at the equipment pad that allow you to control the skimmers and main drain, other setups will require you to manually block on or both of them.

Turn the valve so that the skimmers are working but the main drain is off. If that isn't enough flow, try partially blocking the other skimmer by putting some cloth (perhaps a T shirt) in the skimmer basket.

I thought of that so i tried my it with may hand and it almost sucked my fingers off but the preassure was enough to make the recomended succion so i went to home depot and got a pvc stooper which fit perfectly and solved my problem.
Thank you so much for your help though, i appreciate it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.