We bought a house in October of last year with an inground, vinyl lined pool. A week after we moved in, a company came in and closed it. We opened it (took off the cover, opened all the ports, started the filter) and it was very green. The local pool shop sold me a couple of bottles of algaecide and pool shock and told me to run the algaecide for 24 hours, then the shock. The pool went from British racing green to cloudy grey, then promptly back to green. I went back, and they had me do the same thing again. It again, it went from green to slate grey back to green. So far, I'm 2-3 hours a day (vacuuming, skimming, brushing, adding chemistry, etc) plus $500 into this green nightmare and I'm at my wit's end. I'm now thinking that $500 might have been better spent renting a jackhammer to bury this monstrosity. What am I doing wrong?