Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ph testing

1. Back To Top    #1

ph testing

is there a more accurate way to test ph than to compare the color of the water with the colors on the vial? You know the one that has the chlorine on one side and ph on the other? It's hard to determine if it's 7.5 or 7.8. I just want to do a good job at keeping this water the best I can.
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ph testing

There are some digital PH meters that cost around $100 that are pretty good. However, the standard color comparison PH test is really quite good once you get used to it. It does take a little practice. It also helps greatly to have a brightly illuminated white surface (sheet of paper, wall, etc) behind the view tube when reading the color.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: ph testing

Thank you. I'll try that. I just don't want to be wrong and mess anything up.
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.