vacation tips?

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I will be away just over a week and I am concerned of too much water evaporation since its been in the 90s for the past week. I assume, I should switch over mostly to the main drain?

Any tips would be appreciated.

I have the same situation and was thinking of the following.

Cover with Solar Cover (to help with evaporation)
Turn off SWCG (to keep chloring from going through the roof while I am away)
Run Main Drains only, not skimmer (just in case comething clogs the skimmer)

I am most concerned with turning off the SWCG, but if I do not, the chlorine will be really high after a week.

Is this a prudent method, or should I do something else? This is my first time going away, and I will be gone for about a week.

Winger -- I'd leave the pump pulling from both the skimmer and MD's That way if the skimmer plugged up it'd just pull from the MD's.
I wouldn't turn the SWCG off. I'd just turn it way down and let it run. If the FC gets a little high you can uncover it and let it burn off after you get back. If you turn it off the FC will possibly go to zero and you'll have to fight that once you get back.

Bama:

Thanks. I'd rather have too much chlorine than too little while away, so I'll keep the generator on, and both skimmer and MD going all while the solar cover remains on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.