Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OCTOPUS

1. Back To Top    #1

OCTOPUS

Is the product still available that came with my pool? I'd like to get another.

The product was a manifold with 4-arms. The manifold would be placed on the floor of the pool near the middle. The manifold was approximately 8-inches in diameter and 5-inches high. A hose from the center of the manifold would be connected to a water return on the side of the pool. Water form the return would flow through the manifold and out each arm. The arms swept back and forth across the floor when the pump was running and the water was flowing, causing debris to be moved eventually toward the drain and the filter. The manifold, hose, and arms could be easily disconnected from the return and removed from the pool as a unit.

Is the product available? What is it called?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: OCTOPUS

Quote Originally Posted by adamsrw592
    Is the product still available that came with my pool? I'd like to get another.

The product was a manifold with 4-arms. The manifold would be placed on the floor of the pool near the middle. The manifold was approximately 8-inches in diameter and 5-inches high. A hose from the center of the manifold would be connected to a water return on the side of the pool. Water form the return would flow through the manifold and out each arm. The arms swept back and forth across the floor when the pump was running and the water was flowing, causing debris to be moved eventually toward the drain and the filter. The manifold, hose, and arms could be easily disconnected from the return and removed from the pool as a unit.

Is the product available? What is it called?
    Is it this one? http://www.mypool.com/Help_files/Par...PoolsweepI.htm
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: OCTOPUS

Also, see this discussion on down towards middle of discussion.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/do-an...er-t17900.html

Mine was a Jandy Energy sweep. The disc floated on the top with tentacles hanging down into the pool. I especially liked the leaf catcher that you see on the diagram of the Arneson (sp?). There was one in my pool when we moved in in 86.

gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine