Pump/Filter- Pics

OK...so I'm still working on shocking my pool but I have a few questions about the pump & Filter. When I was running the pump before I added so much bleach to shock, the small glass would turn green from the algae when I would backwash. NOW, it's just a dirty color then turns clear. Can someone explain to me what I'm looking at? Also, when I vacuum I get a ton of air in the pump skimmer area, is this normal?

Attachments

• Set Up.jpeg
    Set Up.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Skimmer Basket.jpeg
    Skimmer Basket.jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Pump Valv.jpeg
    Pump Valv.jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 162
Its normal to get air in the line while vacumming. When I vacuum, I usually vacuum to waste as the water is cheap here and it removes all the dirt better without having to run it back through the filter. If you still are green, then I suggest you continue to shock, scrub, and vacuum until all the algae is dead. Vacuuming to waste will remove the dead algae faster from your system. I have a larger sand filter and super pump. (see my sig for my setup)

Try reading pool school again. Do you have a good test kit? If not, I suggest purchasing the one Dave sells on this site. TF100. Works great for me and I have been doing the BBB method for the past couple years. Crystal clear water. 86 degrees yesterday and now a storn is rolling through.

I plan to swim in it again today once the weather starts to cooperate. All I do is test the water and use the pool calculator and then add the correct amount of chlorine/bleach to my pool. Takes a few minnutes is all.

I may have to vacuum after this storm as when it rains, the worms come out and that requires some cleanup.

Oh yea, and when vacuuming, I would suggest that you leave the skimmer basket in so it catches any of the larger junk. When I vacuum, I have a plate that connects to the simmer and then the hose connects to that plate.

Im sure others will be along soon to give you a better hand on your setup valve there that you have. It is hard to see with those small pics. Bigger pics would be better. A full set of numbers would be good to see too.

Good luck

Your Main Drain is that drain at the deap end of the pool. There should be a valve for that going to your pump and one from the skimmer. Do you have more than one skimmer? I only have one so my valve setup is one for the main drain and one for the skimmer. This lets me control how I clean the pool ect. I too have a super pump but I have a 31" sand filter 500lbs.

Water looks better. Did you test the water? Do you have a good test kit? These things need to be answered in order for anyone to tell you how to adjust your chems in your pool.

Thanks

There is the main drain at the deep end of the pool. I only have one skimmer. I'm guessing the valve's set up which are the orange handles in the pictures...I don't know how they should be set when I perform all the processes. How should they be during filter? Backwash? Vacuuming? I only have the HTH 6 way test kit right now. I have to wait until next week to purchase a good one. I was told not to really test the water during the shock process...I do know the chlorine is high. I will check the other's and get back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.