Philadelphia, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm a new pool owner, so I'm still in the process of figuring things out. TFP is super-helpful.

I have a dedicated in-wall line for my pressure cleaner, with a Pentair/Letro Universal Wall Fitting (UWF) threaded in for easy attachment of the Legend Cleaner. The way my system is piped, I don't have a valve to shut off this inlet after the booster pump. Short of removing the UWF and installing a plug every time, I was left with an open inlet and no means to close it or direct it.

With a little research, I found that Polaris makes a UWF eyeball fitting (P/N 6-511-00) that basically converts the line to a normal return inlet without having to remove the threaded UWF. I took a chance based upon a few comments I have heard (though I could find no firm confirmation) that the Polaris and Pentair UWFs follow the same standard. Lo and behold, they do! The Polaris eyeball UWF fitting slips perfectly into the Pentair/Letro UWF sleeve. So now I have a directable 8th return inlet for my pool. To be sure, the eyeball fitting sticks out a bit more than my regular inlet fittings, but nothing that creates a problem.

Basically, I just wanted to note the above for posterity, since it I couldn't find much information on this. Hope this helps someone else!

Picture of Polaris UWF Eyeball
PolarisUWFEyeball.jpg

Thanks, DBFan. I had heard that verbally, but wasn't able to confirm it online. Apologies if it's common knowledge in the industry. I'm just glad it worked.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.