Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris UWF fittings fit Pentair/Letro!

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris UWF fittings fit Pentair/Letro!

I'm a new pool owner, so I'm still in the process of figuring things out. TFP is super-helpful.

I have a dedicated in-wall line for my pressure cleaner, with a Pentair/Letro Universal Wall Fitting (UWF) threaded in for easy attachment of the Legend Cleaner. The way my system is piped, I don't have a valve to shut off this inlet after the booster pump. Short of removing the UWF and installing a plug every time, I was left with an open inlet and no means to close it or direct it.

With a little research, I found that Polaris makes a UWF eyeball fitting (P/N 6-511-00) that basically converts the line to a normal return inlet without having to remove the threaded UWF. I took a chance based upon a few comments I have heard (though I could find no firm confirmation) that the Polaris and Pentair UWFs follow the same standard. Lo and behold, they do! The Polaris eyeball UWF fitting slips perfectly into the Pentair/Letro UWF sleeve. So now I have a directable 8th return inlet for my pool. To be sure, the eyeball fitting sticks out a bit more than my regular inlet fittings, but nothing that creates a problem.

Basically, I just wanted to note the above for posterity, since it I couldn't find much information on this. Hope this helps someone else!

Picture of Polaris UWF Eyeball
    25' x 37' freeform, 22,000 gallon saltwater, 3'6" to 6'6" deep, including baja shelf and benches, 120 ft EP Henry retaining wall
    Pentair equipment (CC420 cartridge filter, VS-3050 variable speed pump, IC 60 salt cell, EasyTouch), 200 sq ft pool house
    View our Pool Build - View our Pool House Build

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Polaris UWF fittings fit Pentair/Letro!

both company's parts are interchangeable on these cleaners(well 99% of the parts)

I use Polaris parts to fix Letro's. Easier and cheaper to stock 1 company's parts.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Polaris UWF fittings fit Pentair/Letro!

Thanks, DBFan. I had heard that verbally, but wasn't able to confirm it online. Apologies if it's common knowledge in the industry. I'm just glad it worked.
    25' x 37' freeform, 22,000 gallon saltwater, 3'6" to 6'6" deep, including baja shelf and benches, 120 ft EP Henry retaining wall
    Pentair equipment (CC420 cartridge filter, VS-3050 variable speed pump, IC 60 salt cell, EasyTouch), 200 sq ft pool house
    View our Pool Build - View our Pool House Build