Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool size

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool size

Were going to do a permanent next year yard is 55 x 16 I think we can do a 24 x 12 oval does this sound too big?
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool size

It doesn't to me. I've never heard anyone complain about the pool being too big. Just check your local codes to see what kind of setback requirements you have. If you plan on building a deck, that might come into play. Also, give some thought to yard maintenance around the pool, and allowing enough room for that, too.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

3. Back To Top    #3

Yep, check setback codes (if applicable to above-ground pools; they may still be considered "temporary")

Or, you could demolish part of your house to make room for an even bigger one!!!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4

Long as they have room to dig it out.................
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Wait; above- or in-ground?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

6. Back To Top    #6

above ground we will do the levelling and install ourselves, theres no outside access to our yard. You have to walk through my house to get back there. We did manage to fit a 15ft intex it's a tight fit but it works for now.
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

7. Back To Top    #7

im getting ready to give you the best advice ever.... When you get your new pool do not put it up yourself. my parents and I put ours up and everything is perfect but if i had to do it all over again i would deff. had somebody come and do it... we rented a transit for leveling the ground. it took us a few days.we also cussed each other out a few times durring the process. when you buy your pool see if they have any "installation deals". dont say i diddnt warren you!!LOL.... good luck with your new pool you wont regret it!!!!!!!!!!
    24' X 52" round above ground pool---13,500 gallons---Hayward power flow matrix 1.5 hp pump---Hayward 21 in. variflow XL sandfilter---Louisville, Ky