Adding chemicals cheatsheet

Jun 2, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I am a simple person and need all the help I can get. To that end, I have created a "how-to-put-pool-chemicals-in-the-pool" for dummies (me being the dummy, since it is customized to my pool) cheatsheet.

I would greatly appreciate it :bowdown: if the awesome pool gurus here would glance it over & offer advice/suggestions. There are some gaps because either I didn't find them in Pool School or my search on the forum did not yield results.

http://pooldrama.tripod.com/POOL_CHEM.pdf

MANY THANKS!
Sonflower

Wow, that looks cool.

There are numerous trivial mistakes (salt doesn't have to go in the deep end, you can add baking soda in large quantities if you need to, borax has two uses that are essentially unrelated (raise PH, raise borates) which you have somewhat mixed together, Haviland's Salt Support is a brand name for boric acid which is much less expensive if you purchase the generic, I don't bother with gloves when handing muriatic acid while eye protection is critical, and so on). The only one of any consequence I noticed was that you should wait at least a short while after adding muriatic acid before swimming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.