Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Prospective Pool Buyer

1. Back To Top    #1

Prospective Pool Buyer

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking around the forums, trying to find an answer to my questions, but I figured I would just make an account and ask. I'm considering buying a pool, and I was wondering if you could help me out. How much money would I be spending on chlorine each year, if I used a simple chlorine system? Sorry if this question has been asked before, I didn't see something when I searched. Thanks for the help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Prospective Pool Buyer

Welcome to TFP!

The answer to your question depends on several factors. If your pool is well cared for (you don't let it turn green) then you will spend less on chlorine. The size of your pool, environment the pool is in, weather, and location all can affect chlorine use.

For my pool, it costs me about $12 a month in the summertime to add bleach. Another friend of mine who uses bleach in their very large pool spends about $16 a week to chlorinate.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

How large of a pool does your friend have? I do not know which size to get, probably around 25,000 gallons or so.

4. Back To Top    #4

All the pool builders around me strongly suggest salt water. IMO thats the way to go.

5. Back To Top    #5

Frederick County, MD

Get salt, you will not regret it..........

Southern Frederick County, MD - Leisure Moroccan 38 Fiberglass Pool - 19,800 gallons
    Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed pump - Cartridge filter - Dolphin robot - TF-100 Test Kit - SWCG

6. Back To Top    #6
    Stephens City, VA

If I were installing a new pool, I'd have a SWG put in at the get-go.
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump Liquidator TFT100 test kit