Coloring Your Pool Water question?????

Tbell

Jun 20, 2010
Tennessee
About 6 years ago I found a product on Ebay called "Party Pool". You mixed it with water and poured it in your pool to make the water Lagoon Blue. I added it for a Luau party I had. It did leave a blue residue at the water line for a while but eventually the chlorine washed it back off. Have any of your heard of or ever used it. Is it bad for the pool and does anyone no where to find it? I have searched and can't seem to find it anywhere?

I tried this stuff about a month ago. It did not seem to alter the water chemistry any, and the chlorine breaks it down in a few days. The only complaint I have is that it left blue stains just above the waterline on the tile of my spa. A magic eraser easily removed it.

I bought Party Blue when I saw it recently at a Job Lots store and tried it out yesterday . . not impressed. I was so surprised to see my water turn sea green instead of the gorgeous blue I had expected. The good thing is that it was gone by morning. Higher chlorine levels do cause it to disappear quicker but I don't know what they mean by "higher levels" . . According to all the commercial info re pools the recommended range for chlorine is like 1, so maybe they consider my level of 6 to be high, but my CYA is 40-45.

Anyway, I'll use up the bottle but I won't buy it again unless I knew it would tint my water blue instead of sea-green.

Best,
Jan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.