Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Coloring Your Pool Water question?????

Coloring Your Pool Water question?????

About 6 years ago I found a product on Ebay called "Party Pool". You mixed it with water and poured it in your pool to make the water Lagoon Blue. I added it for a Luau party I had. It did leave a blue residue at the water line for a while but eventually the chlorine washed it back off. Have any of your heard of or ever used it. Is it bad for the pool and does anyone no where to find it? I have searched and can't seem to find it anywhere?
    30' Round Vinyl AG, 21,200 K GAL. with Main drain, Hayward 1.5 HP Pump, Sand filter, BBB Method & TF~100 Test Kit

Re: Coloring Your Pool Water question?????

I've never used it but here is a link to locate a dealer. You can also order from them online.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21" round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

Thanks I found it.
    30' Round Vinyl AG, 21,200 K GAL. with Main drain, Hayward 1.5 HP Pump, Sand filter, BBB Method & TF~100 Test Kit

I tried this stuff about a month ago. It did not seem to alter the water chemistry any, and the chlorine breaks it down in a few days. The only complaint I have is that it left blue stains just above the waterline on the tile of my spa. A magic eraser easily removed it.
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

Yeah it colored the water line on my pool too and eventually faded...but it sure looked pretty for my luau. I'm glad it didn't alter the water chemistry. I might get some more. Thanks

I see that Party Pool also makes green. Would be fun to change the water color for a Jets football pool party (one of the advantages to South Florida - year-round swimming). Do we know how fast chlorine breaks up the color? Will having a high FC accelerate the process?
    My pool:
    15x30 inground concrete pool w/spa and spillover, all under screen enclosure
    Hayward C1200 StarClear Plus Cartridge Filter
    Jandy Laars LX400 propane heater w/120 gal above-ground tank
    Jandy AquaLink RS OneTouch controller w/PDA remotes and computer control
    JVAs control pool/spa switch and also allow drain opening
    Hayward Navigator

I used GLB® Party Blue® with similar results. It's an organic dye that will slowly break down with chlorine.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

We could all color the water green when we want the pool to ourselves. No one has to know it's not algae. If they don't have a pool they likely wouldn't know the difference
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

Senior Member In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by HofstraJet
    I see that Party Pool also makes green. Would be fun to change the water color for a Jets football pool party
    Or to mess with your neighbors pool
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

I bought Party Blue when I saw it recently at a Job Lots store and tried it out yesterday . . not impressed. I was so surprised to see my water turn sea green instead of the gorgeous blue I had expected. The good thing is that it was gone by morning. Higher chlorine levels do cause it to disappear quicker but I don't know what they mean by "higher levels" . . According to all the commercial info re pools the recommended range for chlorine is like 1, so maybe they consider my level of 6 to be high, but my CYA is 40-45.

Anyway, I'll use up the bottle but I won't buy it again unless I knew it would tint my water blue instead of sea-green.

Best,
    Jan
    Summer: 19 x 37 Pacific Graphex IG modified oval, aztec marine vinyl liner, 24,000 gal, 3.5 feet to 8 feet, 1 hp Hayward C4025 Swim Clear 4-cartridge filter, chlorine pucks or bleach depending on CYA levels, 1 super wide mouth skimmer, 4 returns (2 therapy jets in steps), Hayward pool vac ultra, Hayward Heat Pro heat pump, non-curved pool slide, 6' jump board, 12 ml clear solar cover, TF-100 test kit, added salt for feel 1,250 ppm, we had "pink algae" in 2010.
    Winter: Hot Springs Vista Spa, 500 gallons. Using BBB method for the first time and for the first time in ages, the water is crystal clear