Just started using bleach about 3 weeks ago. I tried it last year but had issues trying to keep up with putting bleach in the pool every night. I started out this pool season using pucks but my CYA got up to 60 so the pool store told me to switch to cal-hypo sticks. I was going through 2 a day and it seemed like i was having to shock way to often. Switched to bleach and pool has been sparkling clear.....
This is what I am worrying about. I got a test kit yesrterday from the pool store and checked my levels. I took my water into them last week and my levels were:
Anyways I having being putting in about 85 oz of 6% bleach daily (at night of course). I tested my water around 6 pm last night with the new test kit and it should my FC level with just a slight hint of a pink tint indicating 1-2. I put 261 oz of bleach in last night and retested about 3 hours after adding. Had a reading of 8+ and this morning at 5am retested and the reading looked about the same. I am worried that algae may have started and it making FC drop to nearly 0. It has been really hot here (13 days of at least 95 degrees) and sunny. Do i need to add more than 85 oz per night of bleach? Is it normal for the sun and heat to eat up that much FC in the day? Please HELP