Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fill Water

1. Back To Top    #1

Fill Water

We are on a well and the good news is the water softener is doing a fantastic job of taking the Calcium out of the water. The bad news is that the TA of the fill water is over 400. I wondered why my pH was staying at 7.5/7.6 but in the last couple weeks my TA has gone from 80 to 140 and I got it back down to 90. I had to add water as no rain has hit my pool in a while and WHAM there goes the TA.

Now knowing the TA is going to rise very time I add water, I'll have to add MA more often I guess...
    South Florida. 20,000 gallons; 16x35 rectangular gunite; Pentair Intelliflo VF Variable Speed Pump; Hayward cartridge; Aqua Rite SWG. Dolphin Oasis Z5 Robotic Pool Cleaner; Kopec 540sc Electric Heat pump pool heater; Pool built in Spring 2004.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Eastern Pennsylvania

Re: Fill Water

Did your pH go funky with the higher TA? If it didn't, you might just be able to leave the TA alone. 140 isn't so bad. But I see you have a SWCG and that might make a difference. I know nothing about those chem balances.
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.