How long after adding chlorine to test?

silver02gt

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 19, 2010
Rural Southern Illinois
I know I've read this somewhere, but I've searched and searched and can't find it. How long after you add chlorine should you wait to test your FC level? I figure it needs some time to mix around the pool, but also can't wait too long before it is consumed by sun/algae. Thanks for your help?

Talk about fast replies!!! Yeah, I'm in the middle, well more like the beginning, of turn your green pool into a sparkling oasis. So, I am shocking every 2-3 hours. After just 1 hour I only need to add like 1 qt or less, so I wait til it drops a little lower so I am adding a reasonable amount of bleach. I was more thinking about when I record for the overnight fc loss. Because it seems that when I add according to the pool calculator my fc tests higher than it should, I even remeasured my pool accounting for the lower than normal water level. So, we were thinking that the 10% liquid shock I have is a little stronger. Rambling again.

So if I shock before bed, then wait 1 hour to test, then retest before sunrise, that would be the proper way to perform the overnight fc loss test? Thanks again!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.