Had an algae bloom a couple of weeks ago due to poor water circulation in pool. I shocked, brushed, and changed cartridges and the algae is gone. Do I need to throw out the cartridges that were exposed to the algae, or can I soak them in DW detergent and bleach, hose them down, then re-use them? Although the algae mainly appeared on the bottom of the pool, was brownish, and was easily disturbed with a brush, I think it was regular green algae, not mustard algae. I guess I think it was regular green algae because it was green in spots, and cleared up easily with a little attention.