Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TCell reads very low salt count???

1. Back To Top    #1

TCell reads very low salt count???

I kept getting a low salt reading on my swg, i added so much salt that it had to be partially drained. test strip reads 3600 and swg reads 1500 with board indicaters light( check salt, check /cell) I have cleaned the cell in acid and see no signs of buildup. I have replaced the flow switch because that was the first indicater needed. This is an quarite system. Please give me some needed input of what i should do? Must I buy a new cell, this one is four years old.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: TCell reads very low salt count???

Welcome to TFP!

How old is the cell? Check cell can come up for a wide variety of reasons, one of them is that the cell is getting old and needs to be replaced.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

The cell is 4 yrs old. Looks real good inside. Any suggestions on where to purchase a replacement sinse i am very short on funds at this time. Just had surgery.

4. Back To Top    #4

Coastalish 'down easter'

Welcome to TFP!!

I happen to have an older, but still working cell that I'll happily send you to check to see if you need a new cell. (of course I'd want it back after your done ) This is the reason I kept the cell, to enable members here to use it as a tester

If you'd like to use my cell, PM me your address (I ask no $ but, please send it back when you're done )
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)