Rainforest Blue - Same as Baquacil?

brrit

Jun 14, 2010
Dallas, TX
I am converting over to the BBB method, but going through chlorine like nobody's business (4 gallons a day... after getting started on the program with 24 gallons in my 11K gallon pool).

After reading a posting on Baquacil, it got me to wondering. Earlier this summer, I tried a product called Rainforest Blue to be more "green" in the pool and minimize the chlorine usage. :hammer: I'm now wondering if this Rainforest Blue is pretty much the same stuff at Baquacil.

Do any of you have any experience with Rainforest Blue?

http://www.pacificsandsinc.com/html/pool_closing.html

Rainforst Blue is copper sulfate based, not the same as Baquacil at all. We strongly recommend against using copper based products. Depending on how much you used, it would be a good idea to get your copper level tested. Copper can cause unsightly stains that are extremely difficult to remove.

No, copper sulfate won't have any effect on the conversion. The only possible issue with copper in the water is staining. Other than that it will just sit there and "not get involved".

Baquacil conversions do require dramatic amounts of chlorine. I've conversions that took anywhere from 20 to over 100 gallons of 6% bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.