Just got the tf 100 kit here are the readings..

bama,

Did you read to wipe the dropper tip when you're adding the R-0009? Static electricity sometimes makes the drops "jump" off the tip and give you a bad reading.

Anyway, wipe the tip with a damp cloth inbetween every 2-3 drops of R-0009 and see if your test is any different.

I am beginning to believe that it only happens when the reagent is very recently manufactured.....once the kit is in your possesion for a while, I think it will go away.

After all that, that may not be the cause at all, in which case loughps has got you covered above.

I did wipe the tip..I dint know how damp so i wet a rag then squeezed it out and did it that way...Bad news though i only had one cup of bleach i sure hope it will be alright till tomorrow afternoon because i sure didnt want to have to go to town..I did have 2 1" pucks left so i threw them in for good measure.. :)

OK i just did the TA test twice since it gave me the most problems the first time..I wiped the tip and all that....It gave me a reading of TA =250 both times so i know i have got to get it down...I have been aerating pool to get ph up to 7.8 so i can keep dropping it back to 7.2... Sound about right????

BamaPool said:
OK i just did the TA test twice since it gave me the most problems the first time..I wiped the tip and all that....It gave me a reading of TA =250 both times so i know i have got to get it down...I have been aerating pool to get ph up to 7.8 so i can keep dropping it back to 7.2... Sound about right????
Yep.

And it will take lots of acid. 18 oz of 31% will drop your pH .6 but only lower TA by about 9. So.... 250 -> 80 is 170. 170/9 = 19 treatments, approximately. At 18 oz, thats roughly 340 oz. You'll be adding some fill water, so you can figure a little extra. 3 gallons will get you close. Could be a little off either way. It may take a couple weeks, too. Just be patient.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well come to think of it you are probably right cause the pool has only been filled for a week..I will swim on cause that pool is sparkling...I havent missed a day yet swimming and probably want for a long time...I dont know how i lived without the pool and adult beverages...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.