Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just got the tf 100 kit here are the readings..

1. Back To Top    #1

Just got the tf 100 kit here are the readings..

tc = 3
    cc = .5
    Fc = 2.5 (going to add 4 cups 7oz like pool calc says)
    Ta = 180 (WHat to do here???)
    Ch = 220
    Cya = 25 ( just added cya 2 days ago to get to 35 will wait to see if it ll dissolves and changes)

Just need help on the TA..
    18' x 4' intex pool, 7600 gallons, 2500 GPH intex pump with sand filter...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just got the tf 100 kit here are the readings..

What's your pH? This article in Pool School will tell you how to lower your TA. With TA that high and manually adding chlorine, you're pH is likely to drift up requiring regular acid additions.
    32x16 ft Grecian rectangular vinyl pool 8ft on deep end - 19000 gal. 18" Hayward S-240 sand filter. 250K BTU Pentair MasterTemp heater. Hayward 3/4 HP Super Pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

bama,

Did you read to wipe the dropper tip when you're adding the R-0009? Static electricity sometimes makes the drops "jump" off the tip and give you a bad reading.

Anyway, wipe the tip with a damp cloth inbetween every 2-3 drops of R-0009 and see if your test is any different.

I am beginning to believe that it only happens when the reagent is very recently manufactured.....once the kit is in your possesion for a while, I think it will go away.

After all that, that may not be the cause at all, in which case loughps has got you covered above.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Ph 7.2 Umm i did wipe the tip but the drops that was coming out of it was small not like the other droppers with the bigger drops....i thought that could be it and was about to send you a pm about that...

5. Back To Top    #5

Wipe the tip with a damp cloth in between EACH drop, see if that changes you result.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

I did wipe the tip..I dint know how damp so i wet a rag then squeezed it out and did it that way...Bad news though i only had one cup of bleach i sure hope it will be alright till tomorrow afternoon because i sure didnt want to have to go to town..I did have 2 1" pucks left so i threw them in for good measure..

7. Back To Top    #7

OK i just did the TA test twice since it gave me the most problems the first time..I wiped the tip and all that....It gave me a reading of TA =250 both times so i know i have got to get it down...I have been aerating pool to get ph up to 7.8 so i can keep dropping it back to 7.2... Sound about right????

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by BamaPool
    OK i just did the TA test twice since it gave me the most problems the first time..I wiped the tip and all that....It gave me a reading of TA =250 both times so i know i have got to get it down...I have been aerating pool to get ph up to 7.8 so i can keep dropping it back to 7.2... Sound about right????
    Yep.

And it will take lots of acid. 18 oz of 31% will drop your pH .6 but only lower TA by about 9. So.... 250 -> 80 is 170. 170/9 = 19 treatments, approximately. At 18 oz, thats roughly 340 oz. You'll be adding some fill water, so you can figure a little extra. 3 gallons will get you close. Could be a little off either way. It may take a couple weeks, too. Just be patient.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

9. Back To Top    #9

THis may be a dumb question especially since i been swimming in the pool...But is it ok to swim in the pool with TA that high??

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by BamaPool
    THis may be a dumb question especially since i been swimming in the pool...But is it ok to swim in the pool with TA that high??
    Sure. I bet the water in which you shower and bathe your children is higher than that! I know mine is.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

11. Back To Top    #11

Well come to think of it you are probably right cause the pool has only been filled for a week..I will swim on cause that pool is sparkling...I havent missed a day yet swimming and probably want for a long time...I dont know how i lived without the pool and adult beverages...