operate and program jva's via jandy one touch control panel?

n8huntsman

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
How do I change and program the jandy valve JVA's via the jandy aqualink one touch? I'd like to have the 'spa fill' on for an hour or two to circulate the spa water then have it change to 'filter mode' for the remainder of the filtering duration. Can this be programmed, I can't figure it out and have to do it manually every day. The spa bypass doesnt move much spa water while in the low speed mode.

Since there are no replies and nothing in the manual, and I can't find anything on the one touch, I'm starting to think it's not possible. This is amazing to me. Seems like it would have been so simple. How does everyone control there valves? Do I really have to go to the equipment everytime I wanna change these?

Okay. I talked to a Jandy tech support guy. He said you have to make sure that nothing is using aux 3. Then change dip #3 to the on position. That will automatically add the label, "spillway" to your equipment list on the one touch and allow you to set a program for it. I had my lights on aux 3 so I switched them to aux 4, flipped the dip switch and it worked. The only problem was that it still will not allow you to activate the spillway when low speed is enabled. On my system the SWG was connected to the low speed circuit of the pump so I had to remove it and place it on aux 5. So now I programmed the spillway to be on for 30 minutes while generating chlorine.

Re: operate and program jva's via jandy one touch control pa

This was a really helpful post. I have a similar issue in that when my filter pump is on a low speed it doesn't push any water to the spa. I was able to turn on the spillway feature via DIP 3 and configure its associated "speed #4" for 1000 RPMs. At 1000 RPMs the onetouch panel states I'm using around 58 watts.

I'm still toying with how to keep my pool clean and electrical bills low.

I'm thinking I'll try keeping the filter pump on for maybe 3 hours a day at around 2500 RPMs to push water around and keep the vacuum moving. And then run it for most of the time (maybe always) at 1000 RPMs on Spillway. At 58 watts I suppose I'll never need to turn it off. It's a little hard to believe this giant pump can use less electricity than a light bulb. I haven't toyed with my aquapure yet so I'm not exactly sure what I'll need to do when I turn that on. Pool is still too new to add salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.