i went to Lesliles and bought...

mred

Sep 1, 2008
everywhere
the yellow top bottle
DPD solution gives an accurate free chlorine reading unlike standard OTO test kits, that provide only total chlorine. Testing with DPD requires addition of 5 drops of BOTH DPD Reagent #1 and DPD Reagent #2 to obtain the color to measure free chlorine.
which other bottle do i need to test my chlorine?
there website doesnt show the "#2"
thank
Ed :party:

You didn't get the FAS-DPD test. The FAS-DPD test is the only one that can accurately measure up to 50 ppm FC or CC in as low as .2 ppm increments. You may want to order that one from TFTestKits.net here. Not sure about the DPD test you have, but someone will be along that can give you the details about it.

I did a little research and I thinkthis website shows three Taylor DPD reagents for the color matching test that I think you're talking about. While it will show you FC and CC, I believe it only goes up to 10 ppm, plus the color matching can be difficult. The test in my last post is the recommended test and I would encourage you to get one of those when you can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.